Our Essential Oils
We source only the highest quality therapeutic essential oils from an American supplier. Here are some of the therapeutic benefits of our essential oil blends:
The National Institute of Health and the US National Library of Medicine has declared good to strong scientific evidence for peppermint as a medical remedy for tension headache, cough, and indegestion; and is considering evidence for the medical use of peppermint as a treatment for asthma, bad breath (of course!), nasal congestion, and even nausea! According to the University of Maryland Medical Center:
“Because (peppermint) has a calming and numbing effect, it has been used to treat headaches, skin irritations, anxiety associated with depression, nausea, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, and flatulence. It is also an ingredient in chest rubs, used to treat symptoms of the common cold. In test tubes, peppermint kills some types of bacteria and viruses, suggesting it may have antibacterial and antiviral properties.”
Commonly recognized useful applications for mint based essential oils include:
- Cleansing skin blemishes such as acne
- For the elimination of facial tics and spasms
- To suppress nervousness, and reduce stress and depressions
- In cough medicines and lip balms, to relieve sore throats
- As a way of providing instant relief from the torment of toothaches
- Decongestants for nasal and chest congestion
- As a remedy for skin rashes, poison ivy, itching, athlete’s foot and the like
- To relieve bad breath
- By air travelers, to help with the symptoms of motion sickness and with jet lag
- In first aid products to produce a cooling effect for serious burns
- In patches applied to children’s foreheads, to reduce fevers
Eucalyptus is widely recognized as having health benefits that include anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulating, and other medicinal properties. Eucalyptus essential oil is derived from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree, which is native to Australia and has grown in popularity around the world for hundreds of years. Generally recognized health benefits of eucalyptus oil include the following proven Medicinal and Homeopathic Uses: (adapted from www.organicfacts.net)
Respiratory System: Eucalyptus essential oil is an effective treatment for respiratory problems including cold, cough, runny nose, sore throat, asthma, nasal congestion, bronchitis,and sinusitis. Eucalyptus oil is antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral, anti inflammatory and decongestant in nature which makes it a good ingredient for many medicines for treating respiratory problems. A study published in Laryngoscope in 2004 shows its usefulness in treating non-bacterial sinusitis. Patients suffering from non-bacterial sinusitis showed faster improvement when given medicines containing eucalyptus oil. Gargles of eucalyptus oil mixed with warm water are effective on treating sore throat
“Sinusitis is a common upper respiratory condition marked by swelling and overproduction of mucus in one or more sinuses. Typical symptoms of sinusitis include nasal stuffiness and pressure and pain in the head, especially with motion or when bending forward. Sinusitis can be caused by allergy, or bacterial or viral infection. Treatment typically includes antihistamines, decongestants, and antibiotics. Though frequently prescribed, antibiotics are not effective against viral sinusitis.”
-Maureen Williams, ND;http://www.bastyrcenter.org/content/view/327/
Mental Exhaustion: One of the most significant reasons why people enjoy using eucalyptus oil is that it is undeniably cooling and refreshing. These stimulating effects remove exhaustion and can help you escape from a tired, sluggish state. Eucalyptus is also known to help relieve stress and promote clarity of mind.
Skin: Eucalyptus essential oil is a good antiseptic owing to its germicidal properties. On its exposure to air, ozone is formed which is a well-known antiseptic. Hence eucalyptus oil is used for healing wounds, ulcers, burns, cuts, and sores. It is also effective on insect bites and stings (think about an itch-relieving dab of Aromago Revive blend on those buggy summer nights)
Muscle Relief: Massaging eucalyptus oil on the skin surface helps relieve muscle and joint pain. Eucalyptus oil is analgesic and anti inflammatory, therefore it is often recommended to patients suffering from muscle sprains to neck and back pain.
Borneol & Camphor
Essential Oils of Camphor and Borneolis used in various aromatherapeutic and antiseptic capacities through the eastern world, and is gaining popularity in the west for its fragrant oils. Camphor is obtained by extraction from two types of Camphor Trees. The first one is Common Camphor tree, bearing scientific name Cinnamonum Camphora, from which the common camphor is obtained, and the second one is Borneo Camphor tree, which gives Borneo Camphor
Camphor Oil, apart from having a cool, penetrating and lasting aroma, has many medicinal properties too, which are listed below:
Decongestant: The strong penetrating aroma of Camphor Oil is a powerful decongestant. It immediately opens up congestions of bronchi, larynx, pharynx, nasal tracts and lungs. It is therefore used in many decongestant balms and cold rubs.
Stimulant & Diaphoretic: Camphor Oil is an effective stimulant. It stimulates circulation, metabolism, digestion, secretions and excretion, thereby treating problems and ailments associated with improper circulation, digestion, sluggish or hyper metabolic rates, obstructed secretions etc
Tension reliever: These oils are good anesthetics and very effective for local anesthesia. It causes numbness of the sensory nerves and the related area of application. It also calms down nervous disorders and convulsions, epileptic attacks, nervousness etc.
Anti Inflammatory & Sedative: The cooling and the penetrating effects of Camphor Oil make it an anti inflammatory and sedative agent. It is very helpful in curing nearly all types of inflammation, internal or external. It also relaxes body and mind and gives a feeling of peace and freshness. It proves to be very cooling and refreshing, particularly in summer. Camphor Oil can be mixed with bathing water to have that extra cooling in summer.
Such a small amount of these oils is used in each Aromago blend that you probably won’t notice their presence, however they add to the pure refreshing sense the Revive was crafted to evoke.
Lavender’s crisp, relaxing aroma has been used for years in countless aromatic blends, ranging from perfumes to home cleaners, and potpourri. The calming scent of Lavender eases tension and helps treat headaches, anxiety, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress. (www.organicfacts.net) Studies (as published at www.nlm.nih.gov) have shown that lavender can:
- Reduce agitated behavior
- Help reduce Anxiety
- Cognitive Performance- Although lavender is a sedative-type aroma, use during recess periods in a work environment after accumulation of fatigue seemed to prevent deterioration of performance in subsequent work sessions.
- Effectively treat Alopecia and hair loss when rubbed on the scalp Lavender is antiseptic, so it can help kill bacteria
- Help ease Depression- Preliminary research suggests that lavender may be helpful as an adjunct to prescription antidepressant medications
- Sleep Aid- Early evidence suggests that Lavender has possible benefits as natural alternative to common sleep aids.
- Neck Pain- Combined with Massage, Lavender oil can help relieve Neck pain.
- Overall well-being- Preliminary evidence has shown that lavender oil in combination with other oils such as grape oil used as aromatherapy has also been shown to increase overall mood.
- Pain- Preliminary research suggests that the impression of pain intensity and unpleasantness may be reduced after treatment with lavender therapy. Other research has shown that lavender aromatherapy may be effective when used with acupressure for short-term relief of lower back pain.
- Quality of Life- Early evidence suggests a potential role for lavender aromatherapy, especially in combination with massage or acupressure, in the improvement of measures of quality of life among new mothers.
Vanilla Essential Oil is an effective anti-oxidant, aphrodisiac, and sedative, as well as a simply relaxing scent. Unlike the vanilla used in the flavor industry, Vanilla essential oil is extracted from fermented vanilla beans and plants, growing naturally in Mexico and other Central American countries.
Common medicinal and homeopathic uses include:
- Anti Oxidant- Oxidizers or free-radicals cause oxidation of the living cells and tissues and burn them to death. Gradually, this result in weakening of the immunity, loss of memory, organic and nervous malfunctioning, gradual loss of vision & hearing, mental instability, macular degeneration etc. and the body becomes prone to diseases. The anti oxidant property of Vanilla Essential Oil neutralizes these free radicals and protects the body from wears and tears, infections and even some forms of cancer” (Source: www.organicfacts.net)
- Aphrodisiac- “A systematic administration of Vanilla Essential Oil to the patients of impotency, erectile dysfunction, frigidity, loss of libido etc. can relieve them of their problems, and it is well proven. This oil stimulates secretion of certain hormones like testosterone, estrogen etc. which help bring about normal sexual behavior and promotes arousal.” (Source: www.organicfacts.net)
- Anti Depressant- The relaxed, uplifted mood you might get when eating a delicious vanilla product is a sign of Vanillas anti-depressant capabilities. This is one of the biggest advantages of vanilla aroma: it makes you happy. The flavor alone is so pleasingly sweet and soothing that nearly all people like it. Vanillin Hydroxybenzaldehyde is the component of Vanilla Essential Oil known to be an effective anti depressant and mood up-lifter.
Known for its invigorating qualities, Ginger Essential oil is a welcome remedy for indigestion-related malaise. These include hangovers, morning sickness, motion sickness, and nausea. The spicy-sweet aroma awakens the senses and invigorates the mind.